When I started with Sabrina's Mommy Wellness Bootcamps I had no idea what to expect. I was terrified at my ability to be able to keep up with the rest of the group as I had not done much exercise since the birth of my daughter, nine months earlier. I was feeling very tired and did not think that doing strenuous exercise would help me with my energy level. I thought I just needed more sleep. Dealing with two young children at home made it hard to fit in exercise.
I decided that I needed to make time for ME.
I was going to commit to a class twice a week for my own health.
What did I have to lose?
Before my first class I was nervous and wondering if I would be able to handle meeting all the other members of the class that had been there much longer than I. I knew I was not coordinated at all and felt like I would look like a 'fool' doing all of the exercises.
What I came to realize was:
- there were many moms of all shapes and sizes in the class and everyone was there for their own HEALTH
- It did not matter that I was not coordinated, movement is change, and change is good!
- All the kids in the child care were having fun and the caregivers were amazing.
- it was a community of moms that can all relate to one another is some way.
- I could actually do the exercises, even though I needed to modify them for my level!
- It is a great way to make time for myself, not thinking about anything but making my body feel better, no matter my shape or size.
- Exercise made me MORE energetic!!!
- I felt HAPPY and CONTENT after every class!
My initial fears, that were put at ease....
- this class is NOT a competition
- there is no one judging me and my abilities
Really, what more can I say? I'm addicted! What's not to love about being amazed at what my body is capable of?!?